uima-user mailing list archives

From Burn Lewis <burnle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: problem in calling DUCC Service with ducc_submit
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2014 12:35:26 GMT
You can register a DUCC service with --autostart set to true and the
service will start when it is registered and stay running.  If your job has
a dependency on that service DUCC will verify that it is running before
starting your job.
If instead you register the service without autostart then DUCC will start
the service (if it is not already running) before starting your job.  When
the last job that references that service ends DUCC will stop the service
after an idle delay defined by the service's --linger value.  If you make
linger very large the service can be made to stay running, even if it is
idle, for many hours between jobs.

~Burn