uima-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From <Armin.Weg...@bka.bund.de>
Subject AW: DKpro StanfordNamedEntityRecognizer ClassCastException
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2014 07:42:42 GMT
Hi Richard,

Nailed it. The pipeline with DKPro's StanfordNamedEntityRecognizer does work with uimafit-core:jar:2.0.0
and uimaj-core:jar:2.4.2 but it does not work with uimafit-core:jar:2.1.0 and uimaj-core:jar:2.6.0.
It runs with uimafit-core:2.0.0 aund uimaj-core:2.6.0, too.

Thanks a lot,
Armin


-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Richard Eckart de Castilho [mailto:rec@apache.org] 
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 24. Juli 2014 18:46
An: user@uima.apache.org
Betreff: Re: DKpro StanfordNamedEntityRecognizer ClassCastException

Hi Armin,

I have absolutely no idea. I have rarely encountered this problem. Actually the only source
of this that I remember is the use of the (de)serialization based on CASSerializer and/or
CASCompleteSerializer (via CASImpl.reinit(...)).

Nothing related to this should have changed from uimaFIT 2.0.0 to 2.1.0. Does it work if you
switch back to 2.0.0 (if you can)?

What kind of reader are you using?

Cheers,

-- Richard

On 24.07.2014, at 17:05, Armin.Wegner@bka.bund.de wrote:

> Hi Richard!
> 
> It looks like your absolutely right. I have changed all JCas stuff in the consumer's
resource to pure CAS and it works.
> 
> But why is JCas support not initialized? The reader calls an annotator for document meta
data that uses JCas. It says "new DocumentMetaData(cas.getJCas())" and actually is annotated
in the CAS.
> 
> All annotator's descriptions are build with AnalysisEngineFactory.createEngineDescription
or read from an XML file. They are added to an AggregateBuilder. The aggregate description
is given as second argument to SimplePipeline.runPipeline(). The first argument is the reader's
descriptions. One of the ae's is the cas.getJCas() one you mentioned earlier. What am I missing?
Has anything changed from uimaFit 2.0.0 to 2.1.0?
> 
> Cheers
> Armin
> 
> 
> 
> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
> Von: Richard Eckart de Castilho [mailto:rec@apache.org]
> Gesendet: Donnerstag, 24. Juli 2014 15:59
> An: user@uima.apache.org
> Betreff: Re: DKpro StanfordNamedEntityRecognizer ClassCastException
> 
> Hi Armin,
> 
> the underlying problem is that you get a simple org.apache.uima.cas.impl.AnnotationImpl
instead of a JCas class like de.tudarmstadt.ukp.dkpro.core.api.ner.type.NamedEntity. Normally
a CAS that has its JCas support initialized always returns JCas classes. But is is possible
to work entirely without JCas classes and without initializing JCas support. In such a case,
all AnnotationFS feature structures are returned as AnnotationImpl.
> 
> I don't think this has anything to do with chaining resources. I'm pretty sure it is
related to how CASes are created, (de)serialized, and/or passed through your pipeline (possibly
through multipliers).
> 
> If you find out that this is not related to CAS creation/propagation, I'll be very curious
to hear about it!
> 
> Cheers,
> 
> -- Richard
> 
> On 24.07.2014, at 15:27, Armin.Wegner@bka.bund.de wrote:
> 
>> Hello Richard!
>> 
>> Your fix doesn't change anything. So I tried to narrow down the problem. At least,
I can tell that it is not a problem specific to DKPro. I have the same kind of exception when
not using DKPro at all. My guess now is that it maybe has something to do with chaining resources.
I tried some simple aes. They run fine. When I try to run components with resources of resources,
they fail. That's all for now. I will try to find out more and report again.
>> 
>> Cheers,
>> Armin
> 


Mime
View raw message