uima-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From <Armin.Weg...@bka.bund.de>
Subject AW: DKpro StanfordNamedEntityRecognizer ClassCastException
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2014 15:05:28 GMT
Hi Richard!

It looks like your absolutely right. I have changed all JCas stuff in the consumer's resource
to pure CAS and it works.

But why is JCas support not initialized? The reader calls an annotator for document meta data
that uses JCas. It says "new DocumentMetaData(cas.getJCas())" and actually is annotated in
the CAS.

All annotator's descriptions are build with AnalysisEngineFactory.createEngineDescription
or read from an XML file. They are added to an AggregateBuilder. The aggregate description
is given as second argument to SimplePipeline.runPipeline(). The first argument is the reader's
descriptions. One of the ae's is the cas.getJCas() one you mentioned earlier. What am I missing?
Has anything changed from uimaFit 2.0.0 to 2.1.0?

Cheers
Armin



-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Richard Eckart de Castilho [mailto:rec@apache.org] 
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 24. Juli 2014 15:59
An: user@uima.apache.org
Betreff: Re: DKpro StanfordNamedEntityRecognizer ClassCastException

Hi Armin,

the underlying problem is that you get a simple org.apache.uima.cas.impl.AnnotationImpl instead
of a JCas class like de.tudarmstadt.ukp.dkpro.core.api.ner.type.NamedEntity. Normally a CAS
that has its JCas support initialized always returns JCas classes. But is is possible to work
entirely without JCas classes and without initializing JCas support. In such a case, all AnnotationFS
feature structures are returned as AnnotationImpl.

I don't think this has anything to do with chaining resources. I'm pretty sure it is related
to how CASes are created, (de)serialized, and/or passed through your pipeline (possibly through
multipliers).

If you find out that this is not related to CAS creation/propagation, I'll be very curious
to hear about it!

Cheers,

-- Richard

On 24.07.2014, at 15:27, Armin.Wegner@bka.bund.de wrote:

> Hello Richard!
> 
> Your fix doesn't change anything. So I tried to narrow down the problem. At least, I
can tell that it is not a problem specific to DKPro. I have the same kind of exception when
not using DKPro at all. My guess now is that it maybe has something to do with chaining resources.
I tried some simple aes. They run fine. When I try to run components with resources of resources,
they fail. That's all for now. I will try to find out more and report again.
> 
> Cheers,
> Armin


Mime
View raw message