uima-user mailing list archives

From Egbert van der Wal <e...@pointpro.nl>
Subject Re: Building UIMA-CPP on (K)Ubuntu 14.04
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2014 08:30:35 GMT
Thanks again for the suggestion.

As for the rest of your response: the main reason I was asking is that I have not
upgraded my UIMA to 2.4.2 or even 2.6.0 because there is no release of uimacpp for
those versions. If I understand your response correctly, it seems that even though
uimacpp is versioned at 2.4.0 it should work just as well is with uimaj-as 2.6.0?

Of course, at least one feature request would be to keep the dependencies up to date,
for example, the dependency on APR < 1.5. While the change of the build-script isn't
that hard, it does make it harder to have newcomers to uimacpp adopt it.

Another feature request: make it possible to load annotators from shared libraries
without having to change the LD_LIBRARY_PATH: e.g., make it possible to specify a full
/ relative path in the annotator descriptors instead of just a library name. Where should

I report these feature requests?

Thanks again!

Egbert