uima-user mailing list archives

From Egbert van der Wal <e...@pointpro.nl>
Subject UIMA AS NullPointerException in CasDefinition constructor
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2014 15:46:58 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to convert an existing and functional UIMA pipeline to a UIMA AS pipeline.

I'm getting there, I created deployment descriptors for the annotators and when
running my application all individual annotators are launched correctly. The composite
analysis engine also loads fine but I'm getting a NullPointerException when calling
initialize(deployCtx) on the UimaAsEngine on line 66. See the attached text document
for the full exception.

I found a similar issue in the bug tracker which was fixed in UIMA AS 2.3:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-1376

But this seems to arise in mergeTypeSystem and this does not seem to be the case in
my situation. The line number is the same however.

Any clues on where I should look for the solution? Are my descriptors faulty? Is the Java

code faulty? Or is this a bug in UIMA AS 2.4.0? How can I debug this issue?

Thanks,

Egbert