uima-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Ginter <thomas.gin...@utah.edu>
Subject Re: Restricting a aggregate engine to a substring or mention
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2014 18:20:18 GMT
We do this by having a parameter for some of our standard annotators, like our RegexAnnotator,
that allows the user to specify an annotation type.  If a type is specified then the operations
of the annotator are restricted to the covered text of the annotation type instances specified.
 If no annotation type is provided then the entire document is assumed.  In that way we can
have annotators that perform some logic to find the regions of interest and then the subsequent
annotators only operate on those regions.

Thanks,

Thomas Ginter
801-448-7676
thomas.ginter@utah.edu