uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <wyldf...@users.sourceforge.net>
Subject Re: Restricting an aggregate engine to a substring or mention
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2014 10:05:33 GMT
Hi Armin,

how would you do the last step: telling the nested AE to process only the mentions of the
segment type?

As far as I can see, it again boils down to the point that the SegmentProcessingAE would internally
create one or more new CASes or view, pass those to the nested AE, and then would have to
merge the results produced by the nested AE back into the original CAS.

Cheers,

-- Richard

On 23.06.2014, at 08:53, Armin.Wegner@bka.bund.de wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I've got another maybe not so good idea. Why not pass an aggregate analysis engine as
a parameter? First, build an aggregate analysis engine the usual way. Second, serialize it
to an XML-string. Third, pass that string to the SegmentProcessingAE as String parameter together
with another parameter denoting the segment types. Fourth, deserialize the aggregate engine.
Last, Iterate over all mentions of the segment type and process each segment with the aggregate
engine. Does this work?