uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: uimafit - String[] parameter in Resource_ImplBase
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2014 14:04:46 GMT
Hi Armin,

is it a problem of injection (uimaFIT) or a problem of running as a managed component in a
container context (UIMA)? I would assume the later. For further reference, it might be useful
if you could provide an illustrative example.

Cheers,

-- Richard

On 03.06.2014, at 16:00, <Armin.Wegner@bka.bund.de> <Armin.Wegner@bka.bund.de>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I cancelled it. Actually, I don't have a resource. I just tried to modularize my code
a little bit. But uimafit's use of injection makes this difficult and no fun at all.

> Some people consider using injection to be a good programming style. I personally hate
it. It kills my highly modularized and reusable OO design.

> Cheers,
> Armin

implement SharedResourceObject and then you can also use String[] and other types of parameters.
There is some documentation on this in the uimaFIT manual [1].

> -- Richard
>
> [1] http://uima.apache.org/d/uimafit-current/tools.uimafit.book.html#d5e482
>
> On 19.05.2014, at 11:03, <Armin.Wegner@bka.bund.de> <Armin.Wegner@bka.bund.de>
wrote:

>> Hi!
>>
>> I can't use a configuration parameter of type String[] in a class extending Resource_ImplBase.
A cast exception is thrown. A simple String works fine. Arrays doesn't. Is it even possible
to use an array of String as parameter with Resource_ImplBase?