uima-user mailing list archives

From <Armin.Weg...@bka.bund.de>
Subject AW: Restricting an aggregate engine to a substring or mention
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2014 14:27:35 GMT
Hi Richard,

you're right. I have to use new CASes or views. Or I can use the same CAS and restrict the
analysis engine to a substring. But that would imply having parameters for the substring's
begin and end offsets in the analysis engine: Oh, wait a minute, wasn't that my original question?

Cheers,
Armin

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Richard Eckart de Castilho [mailto:wyldfire@users.sourceforge.net]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 25. Juni 2014 12:06
An: user@uima.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Restricting an aggregate engine to a substring or mention

Hi Armin,

how would you do the last step: telling the nested AE to process only the mentions of the
segment type?

As far as I can see, it again boils down to the point that the SegmentProcessingAE would internally
create one or more new CASes or view, pass those to the nested AE, and then would have to
merge the results produced by the nested AE back into the original CAS.

Cheers,

-- Richard

On 23.06.2014, at 08:53, Armin.Wegner@bka.bund.de wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I've got another maybe not so good idea. Why not pass an aggregate analysis engine as
a parameter? First, build an aggregate analysis engine the usual way. Second, serialize it
to an XML-string. Third, pass that string to the SegmentProcessingAE as String parameter together
with another parameter denoting the segment types. Fourth, deserialize the aggregate engine.
Last, Iterate over all mentions of the segment type and process each segment with the aggregate
engine. Does this work?