uima-user mailing list archives

From <Armin.Weg...@bka.bund.de>
Subject Annotation sets?
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2014 12:47:39 GMT
Hello!

Are there annotations sets in UIMA? With annotations sets you can group annotations. For example,
you may have named entity annotations in a gold standard set and the actual named entities
found by an analysis engine in another set. In both sets the location entities are named Location,
the organization entities Organization and so on. Please don't tell me that I can use views
for this. I know that views can and are abused for nearly everything. I've done it myself:
a view for the gold standard, another for the actual annotations, yet another for the true
and false positives and false negatives of person names, the next for the true and false positives
and false negatives for the organization names, etc. I don't want to copy the whole text to
another view. Is there a concept like annotation sets in UIMA?

Cheers,
Armin