uima-user mailing list archives

From <Armin.Weg...@bka.bund.de>
Subject WG: uimafit - String[] parameter in Resource_ImplBase
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2014 14:00:38 GMT
Hi,

I cancelled it. Actually, I don't have a resource. I just tried to modularize my code a little
bit. But uimafit's use of injection makes this difficult and no fun at all.

Some people consider using injection to be a good programming style. I personally hate it.
It kills my highly modularized and reusable OO design.

Cheers,
Armin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Armin.Wegner@bka.bund.de [mailto:Armin.Wegner@bka.bund.de]
Gesendet: Montag, 19. Mai 2014 11:14
An: user@uima.apache.org
Betreff: AW: uimafit - String[] parameter in Resource_ImplBase [Signatur gültig]

Hi Richard,

I will try that and report back.

Thanks
Armin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Richard Eckart de Castilho [mailto:rec@apache.org]
Gesendet: Montag, 19. Mai 2014 11:11
An: user@uima.apache.org
Betreff: Re: uimafit - String[] parameter in Resource_ImplBase

Hi Armin,

UIMA only supports simple String parameters on Resource_ImplBase. You can alternatively implement
SharedResourceObject and then you can also use String[] and other types of parameters. There
is some documentation on this in the uimaFIT manual [1].

-- Richard

[1] http://uima.apache.org/d/uimafit-current/tools.uimafit.book.html#d5e482

On 19.05.2014, at 11:03, <Armin.Wegner@bka.bund.de> <Armin.Wegner@bka.bund.de>
wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I can't use a configuration parameter of type String[] in a class extending Resource_ImplBase.
A cast exception is thrown. A simple String works fine. Arrays doesn't. Is it even possible
to use an array of String as parameter with Resource_ImplBase?