uima-user mailing list archives

From Hugo Mougard <...@crydee.eu>
Subject Acces external resource outside of an AE
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2014 07:37:11 GMT
Dear UIMA list,

I've read the different tutorials about resources a couple of times but
haven't found a straightforward way to accomplish what I'm trying to do.

Using UIMAfit, I declare a resource and use it in several AEs, through
a SimplePipeline. Once the processing is done, I'd like to access that
resource (it's some kind of HashMap on steroids). Accessing it in
onCollectionProcessComplete is not enough for me here, because I run
several of such pipelines and need the results of all of them to obtain
the information I'm interested in.

I've tried accessing it with

     myAe.getResourceManager().getResource("resName");

where resName is the name I gave it when declaring it with
createExternalResourceDescription.

However this NPEs and I'm not sure how to proceed from there. It seems
UIMAfit is hiding a lot of details of the original UIMA resource
management so I may very well just have missed some very important
concept, if so please enlighten me :)

Cheers,
Hugo