uima-user mailing list archives

From Peter Kl├╝gl <pklu...@uni-wuerzburg.de>
Subject Re: Restricting a aggregate engine to a substring or mention
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2014 15:55:05 GMT
Hi,

Am 12.06.2014 17:39, schrieb Richard Eckart de Castilho:
> Hi Armin,
>
> the only generic approach that I am aware of would be a CasMultiplier.
>
> Different component collections may offer alternative solutions
> in general or in specific components.
>
> I believe Ruta has the concept of limiting rules to certain context
> annotation types, but I do not know if that also works when external
> AEs are invoked.

yes, there is something like that, the CALL action. However, I haven't
used in a long time (years) and you need to know what you are doing. The
action creates a CAS dependent on the filtering setting. So, normally,
with the default settings, the AE ends up with a document without
whitespaces...

I would not recommend using this functionality if you are not using Ruta
anyway.

Best,

Peter