uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Annotation sets?
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2014 12:52:15 GMT
Afaik, there is no built-in concept of annotation sets.

What people have done is, to create a new type e.g. "AnnotationSet" with a feature referencing
all FSes in that annotation set. E.g. the U-Compare system includes support for such a concept.

Cheers,

-- Richard

On 23.06.2014, at 14:47, Armin.Wegner@bka.bund.de wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Are there annotations sets in UIMA? With annotations sets you can group annotations.
For example, you may have named entity annotations in a gold standard set and the actual named
entities found by an analysis engine in another set. In both sets the location entities are
named Location, the organization entities Organization and so on. Please don't tell me that
I can use views for this. I know that views can and are abused for nearly everything. I've
done it myself: a view for the gold standard, another for the actual annotations, yet another
for the true and false positives and false negatives of person names, the next for the true
and false positives and false negatives for the organization names, etc. I don't want to copy
the whole text to another view. Is there a concept like annotation sets in UIMA?