uima-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Christ <ochr...@EBSCO.COM>
Subject Collection Readers and File Format Filtering
Date Thu, 29 May 2014 13:11:07 GMT
Hi,

>From my (still very limited) UIMA experience it seems that collection readers address
how to retrieve documents from some location and how to import (or filter) that document into
the CAS.

Filtering (i.e. file format-specific processing) can be seen as independent of where the data
is retrieved from. I'm wondering whether there's a "UIMA way" to separate the two aspects,
i.e. a model consisting of two components; one which abstracts storage and retrieval, and
the second addressing file format filtering.

Thanks!

Cheers, Oli