uima-user mailing list archives

From "Kline, Larry" <Larry.Kl...@mckesson.com>
Subject In-memory ConceptMapper dictionary loader
Date Thu, 29 May 2014 15:52:36 GMT
I am attempting to write a dictionary loader for ConceptMapper that creates its dictionary
entries from database queries and loads them directly into memory, rather than creating an
XML file that is loaded as a resource in the pear.  My primary motivation for this is if the
database changes we can force an on-demand update of the dictionaries, thus getting the newest
entries for the lookup.  It also makes deployment of the application in different environments
easier since the dictionaries would not have to be pre-built, but would be created when the
application is deployed to the application server.

I'm looking at the interface DictionaryResource as a starting point for doing this.  If anyone
has been down this path or has some suggestions please let me know.

Thanks,
Larry Kline