uima-user mailing list archives

From Petr Baudis <pa...@ucw.cz>
Subject Re: Parallel Flow Controller?
Date Thu, 15 May 2014 12:51:57 GMT
On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 10:49:51AM -0400, Burn Lewis wrote:
> The UIMA Tutorial and Developers' Guides has a section on Flow Controllers
> that describes parallel flows and there is a sample
> AdvancedFixedFlowController in the examples folder.

The downside of that controller is that AEs need to be listed by name,
which seems kind of impractical to me (especially since I use uimafit).
So my FixedParallelFlowController is a major simplification of that,
the tradeoff is that the AEs run in parallel must be grouped in their
own aggregate AE (again, very little overhead of that - though I'm
not sure how it could affect e.g. scaleout, I didn't venture there yet).

				Petr "Pasky" Baudis