uima-user mailing list archives

From Petr Baudis <pa...@ucw.cz>
Subject Parallel Flow Controller?
Date Tue, 13 May 2014 01:16:26 GMT
  Hi!

  In my UIMA pipeline, at a few points I have a need for
some AEs to be executed logically in parallel - in particular,
I'd need this in case of a few CAS multipliers. If I understand
things correctly, there is no way with the fixed flow controller
to execute two CAS multipliers "in parallel", i.e. both using
a single source CAS, dropping it and producing a bunch of new
CASes.  I need to create a CAS processing graph like:

                .-> Multip0 -> A1 -> Multip1 -> A2 ->.
  reader -> A0 <                                      > CASmerger
                `-> Multip2 -> A3 ------------> A2 ->'

  My current aim would be enclosing each of the branches (up to A2)
in an aggregate AE, and creating another aggregate AE that will
consist of these two branch AEs, governed by a custom "parallel"
flow controller that will ensure the input CAS is fed as input
to both branches and the union of output CAS of both branches
is sent out of the aggregate AE:

  Main: reader -> A0 -> AggregP -> A2 -> CASmerger
  AggregP: Aggreg0, Aggreg1 (ParallelFlowController)
  Aggreg0: Multip0 -> A1 -> Multip1
  Aggreg1: Multip2 -> A3

  I'd just like to confirm whether noone implemented the parallel
flow controller yet and if perhaps I'm not missing a simple existing
solution to this problem.

  Kind regards,

				Petr "Pasky" Baudis