uima-user mailing list archives

From James Baker <james.d.ba...@gmail.com>
Subject Using Apache UIMA Ruta from my own annotator
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2014 12:37:56 GMT
Hi,

I have a series of UIMA Ruta rules that I wish to run from within my own
UIMA annotator. This is described here, but I can't get it to work:
http://uima.apache.org/d/ruta-current/tools.ruta.book.html#ugr.tools.ruta.integration

When I try to run the annotator (from within a JUnit test, which I have
used with other UIMA annotators successfully in the past), I get an error
telling me that one of the Ruta basic annotation types
(org.apache.uima.ruta.type.TokenSeed) is used in the Java code but isn't
defined in the XML.

I've added the absolute path to the Ruta type system (BasicTypeSystem.xml
and InternalTypeSystem.xml) to the descriptorPaths parameter (as detailed
here:
http://uima.apache.org/d/ruta-current/tools.ruta.book.html#ugr.tools.ruta.ae.basic.parameter.descriptorPaths),
but that doesn't seem to make a difference.

I've had a look through the Ruta source code and couldn't figure out where
I was going wrong.
Has anyone successfully got a Ruta script to run from within a UIMA
annotator? How did you manage to get it working?

Thanks,
James

P.S. This question has also been posted here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22479510/using-apache-uima-ruta-from-my-own-annotator