uima-user mailing list archives

From Lou DeGenaro <lou.degen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: status Lost=1 in DUCC
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2014 10:57:25 GMT
Hi Reshu,

The good news is that DUCC is functional since 1.job works.  So we need to
find out why your particular job fails.

A few more questions:

5. Does your job consist of multiple work items (CASes), and do any of them
succeed?

6. DUCC has Job Driver (JD) that employs your CollectionReader (CR) to
fetch CASes that are sent via a broker for processing by one of the
distributed Job Processes (JPs) that each run a copy of your AnaylsisEngine
(AE).  Normally, as Eddie points out, these CASes comprise some index
that's interpreted by the assigned JP to know which data is to be worked
on.  For example, say you have 100 documents, each 5GB in size named doc.1,
doc.2,...doc.100.  Your CR sound not pass the actual 5GB document, but
rather "doc.1".  Is that the kind of scheme your are employing?

7. Do you have a small test case that you can share that reliably
demonstrates the problem?

Lou.