uima-user mailing list archives

From Jens Grivolla <j+...@grivolla.net>
Subject Re: next UIMA workshop?
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2014 17:54:36 GMT
As I understand it, poster presentations are only used as a way to
offload submissions that didn't make it as a "full paper". I don't think
that such a distinction is useful for this workshop and would prefer to
have oral presentations for all interesting contributions.

If we expected to have significantly more contributions that can fit
into the schedule then concentrating some of them into a poster session
might make sense, but I don't think this is the case.

If on the other hand posters were used to get additional visibility
outside of the workshop then this could be interesting...

-- Jens

On 14/01/14 18:36, Michael Tanenblatt wrote:
> I’ll certainly be on the Program Committee, and am willing to help in any ways that
I am able. Regarding the proposal, overall it looks pretty reasonable, but what is the reason
for limiting to oral presentations and omitting posters?

is here: https://github.com/jgrivolla/coling2014-nlp-framework-workshop/blob/master/proposal.md