uima-user mailing list archives

From "RYAN C. CORNIA" <ryan.cor...@utah.edu>
Subject UIMA AS 2.4.2 -> Listener.onBeforeMessageSend(UimaASProcessStatus status)
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2014 20:58:48 GMT
We’ve been using UIMA AS 2.4.0, with a listener that counts CASes as they are sent via the
Listener.onBeforeMessageSend(UimaASProcessStatus status) method.

We then compare the count with the received count in collectionProcessComplete(EntityProcessStatus
aStatus) to make sure the listener has received all of the CASes it sent before exiting. Otherwise,
if the listener is slow, a collectionProcessComplete message can be received before the final
entityProcessComplete() method is called for the last CASes.

This worked in 2.4.0, but in 2.4.2, I am finding the onBeforeMessageSend(status) method is
called once for ever CAS (as it should be),but then one additional time on the last CAS. So,
my count is off because I send 12 CAS, but the counter registers 13 when the onBeforeMessageSend(status)
is called twice on the last document.

Any ideas why it would be called twice on the last document for a listener? It is a change
in 2.4.2 that was not there in 2.4.0.

Thanks,
Ryan