uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: uima-fit and uima annotators (in my case Whitespace annotator)
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2014 17:18:28 GMT
Thanks. Here are some more specific tips:

You can specify all engines in the call to runPipeline - no need for the AggregateBuilder
unless you need to do sofa mappings.

SimplePipeline.runPipeline(reader, preparationEngine, whitespaceEngine, casConsumer));

Parameter constants typically begin with "PARAM_" instead of ending in "_PARAM". That makes
a difference if you ever plan to use the uimafit-maven-plugin to automatically generate descriptors
from your AEs, because it uses prefixes to detect parameter name constants.

uimaFIT should be able to automatically coerce single values into multi-valued parameters.
So it should be possible to write this

AnalysisEngineFactory.createEngineDescription(WhitespaceTokenizer.class,
                "SofaNames", SimpleParserAE.SOFA_NAME_TEXT_ONLY);

Cheers,

-- Richard