uima-user mailing list archives

From Mihaela M <mmihaela1...@yahoo.com>
Subject uima-as 2.3.1 - java.io.IOException: Frame size of 147 MB larger than max allowed 100 MB
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2014 16:44:59 GMT
Hello,

I have a uima pipeline that uses uima-as 2.3.1 which has one aggregator with one local annotator,
one remote consumer and one remote annotator. It actually has more components but I will get
into exactly the configuration only if needed.
I have developed also a UIMA client for it using class: UimaAsynchronousEngine, method sendCas
(async as far I understood) and a callback listener that waits for the processing to complete.

1. I have noticed that the CAS returned, in general is quite big. Is it a way to send, at
least to the client, a CAS that does not contain all the types that the various annotators
added? When could I remove those things from the CAS?
2. I send a text message for processing which has 48 KB - it gets processed successfully by
the pipeline, but the pipeline fails to send a reply to the client. The exception that I get
is:

01/21/2014 07:36:02.978 [ActiveMQ Transport:
tcp://localhost/127.0.0.1:61616] [DEBUG] org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection
- Async exception with no exception listener: java.io.IOException: Frame size
of 147 MB larger than max allowed 100 MB
java.io.IOException: Frame size of 147 MB larger than max
allowed 100 MB
                at
org.apache.activemq.openwire.OpenWireFormat.unmarshal(OpenWireFormat.java:277)
~[activemq-core-5.6.0.jar:5.6.0]
                at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.readCommand(TcpTransport.java:229)
~[activemq-core-5.6.0.jar:5.6.0]
                at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.doRun(TcpTransport.java:221)
~[activemq-core-5.6.0.jar:5.6.0]
                at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.run(TcpTransport.java:204)
~[activemq-core-5.6.0.jar:5.6.0]
                at
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662) [na:1.6.0_30]
01/21/2014 07:36:03.093 [ActiveMQ Connection Executor:
tcp://localhost/127.0.0.1:61616] [DEBUG]
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport - Stopping transport
tcp://localhost/127.0.0.1:61616

As far as I understood, the client connects via JMS to the uima pipeline and a temporary reply
queue gets created where the reply from the pipeline should be sent and then consumed by the
client. After the above exception is thrown, the connection to the pipeline gets closed and
automatically the temp queue gets deleted hence the client does not receive anymore the reply.

I am wondering why the error I was mentioning is not thrown while the aggregator sends the
CAS to the consumer, because the consumer is remote, hence the communication between them
is done through JMS queue as well, and I think the aggregator has a reply queue as well for
the consumer...

I want to mention that I tried to increase the maxFrameSize on AMQ broker but without success.
It seems to be a bug in AMQ 5.6 that uima as 2.3.1 is using.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thank you,
Mihaela