uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: UIMA Feature
Date Mon, 30 Sep 2013 07:35:42 GMT
That's an interesting question. This should work:

Create a type:

ElementList {
  FSArray<TOP> elements;
}

In the type where you want to create the ArrayList<ArrayList> feature,
add a this:

… {
  FSArray<ElementList> elements;
}

When you say ArrayList<ArrayList>, this can also be written as

ArrayList<ArrayList> ->
ArrayList<ArrayList<X>>, X = Object ->
ArrayList<Y>, Y = ArrayList<X>, X = Object

In Java, this Y can be anonymous, but in UIMA, afaik we need to make it
explicit. Mind there is no "Object" in UIMA, the equivalent is "TOP":

FSArray<Y>, Y = ElementList = FSArray<X>, X = TOP

You should be able to replace FSArray with FSList if you prefer that.

-- Richard