uima-user mailing list archives

From swirl <swirl...@yahoo.com>
Subject Running Uima in Tomcat (loading of large model)
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2013 02:40:13 GMT
I am wrapping a Uima analysis engine in a Tomcat.

This AE loads and parses a large model file (300Mb).
The loading time of this model takes 3min. This is unacceptable if users have
to wait so long to do analysis on one document.

What are the possible ways to reduce the loading time?

One solution I can think of but need some confirmation of assumptions:
Run the AE in Uima AS. But does AS
 i. allows pre-loading of the model to wait for requests to come in.
 ii. retains the model in memory so that there is no need to reload it for
subsequent request?

Any other solution in Uima framework that I might have missed?