uima-user mailing list archives

From mathaeus <dej...@gmail.com>
Subject passing additional metadata to Annotators along with CAS
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2013 21:22:25 GMT
Hi,

I'm want to build an Aggregate AnalysisEngine where the Annotators need
additional metadata passed alongside with the CAS for processing. So when
calling the AggregateAnalysisEngine I would like to pass some metadata

cas = ae.newCAS();
cas.setDocumentText(testSegment);
cas.setMetadata(keyvaluePairs)
ae.process(cas);

and the Annotators have access to in their process() method.

I looked at the getContext() method which is almost what I need with the
exception that I would need to set the context through code (at runtime)
rather than through a configuration file.

Thanks for your help, Mathaeus