uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <richard.eck...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using uima pipeline as an API
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 06:41:56 GMT
> Am 25.07.2013 um 04:15 schrieb swirl <swirlobt@yahoo.com>:
>> Hi Richard,
>> I was reading your reference for using JCasIterable
>> (https://code.google.com/p/dkpro-core-asl/wiki/GroovyRecipies#OpenNLP_Part-
>> of-speech_tagging_pipeline_using_JCasIterable_and_c), but i have some
>> questions.
>>
>> I assume that createReaderDescription(), createEngineDescription() are
>> return CollectionReaderDescription and AnalysisEngineDescription
>> respectively. But when I looked at the constructor for JCasIterable, it only
>> accepts CollectionReader and AnalysisEngine array:
>> JCasIterable(final CollectionReader aReader, final AnalysisEngine...
>> aEngines)
>>
>> Why is this so?

There is another answer as well: this example is not an original uimaFIT
example but an example of using uimaFIT to build a pipeline using DKPro
Core UIMA components. These examples are currently bleeding edge using
the unreleased DKPro Core 1.5.0-SNAPSHOT, the unreleased
uimaFIT 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT and even the unreleased UIMA 2.4.1-SNAPSHOT.

In fact, some issues (like the JCasIterable not supporting descriptions)
cropped up while writing these examples.For this reason, the example(s)
have changed quite a bit during the last weeks.

Releases for all of these frameworks are upcoming. Once they are out,
the examples will become stable. Independently of that, the uimaFIT
docs need to be improved with examples of its own.

Cheers,

-- Richard