uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <richard.eck...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java level prerequsite upgrade?
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2013 19:55:25 GMT
Am 31.07.2013 um 17:45 schrieb Marshall Schor <msa@schor.com>:

> 1) Java 6 is pretty "uninteresting" as a change from 5; some people thought it
> wasn't enough of an improvement to warrant the change.  They suggested either
> not moving, or moving to Java 7.

We (DKPro project family) may switch to Java 7 before long since some of the
dependencies we use are already using or upgrading to Java 7 (e.g. ark-tweet-nlp
and LanguageTool). I have a feeling that others will follow with the discussion
apparently going on across many projects.

Personally, even between Java 5 and Java 7, I don't see much gain. I'm really
looking forward to closures in Java 8 though.

Cheers,

-- Richard