uima-user mailing list archives

From <Armin.Weg...@bka.bund.de>
Subject AW: Java level prerequsite upgrade?
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2013 05:55:27 GMT
No, not for me. You can even switch to Java 7.

Armin

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Marshall Schor [mailto:msa@schor.com]
Gesendet: Sonntag, 28. Juli 2013 16:05
An: uima-user
Betreff: Java level prerequsite upgrade?

Dear Users,

The UIMA developers would like to be able to start using Java 6 language features; of course
this would require users to be running this level or later.

Currently, we require only Java 5 or later.

Java 5 from various vendors is either past end-of-life or approaching it (meaning no updates,
unless you have some special contracts).

See http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/eol-135779.html or http://www.ibm.com/software/support/lifecycle/

If we started requiring Java 6 or later, would this be an issue for you?

-Marshall Schor