uima-user mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: passing additional metadata to Annotators along with CAS
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2013 21:57:35 GMT
UIMA doesn't really support this kind of use.  Examples of where the UIMA
"contract" would break include UIMA's ability to take an annotator and run it
remotely, in a transparent fashion.

To support this kind of flexibility, the CAS is supposed to be the place where
data that needs to flow along with the CAS should go.

So, what about defining a new type, called for instance, x.y.z.MyMetadata, with
any UIMA features you wish, and then making one instance of that?

-Marshall