uima-user mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: Iterator through the Annotations in a CAS
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2013 21:52:27 GMT

On 7/10/2013 5:28 PM, GATE User wrote:
> I am writing the EntityProcessComplete(CAS, EntityProcessStatus) part of the callback
listener to be fed to a UIMA client.  I want to interate through all the view, sofas, and
annotations in the CAS that is returned.

> I use cas.getViewIterator() and interate through all the views.  For each few, I extract
the sofafs with view.getSofa().  How would I get all annotations associated with that view
and iterate over them?  Do I use cas.getAnnotationIndex().iterator and cast each AnnotationFS
as an Annotation?
Yes.
> With this method, am I only accessing the annotations associated with a view?
Yes.
>   Thanks in advance.
There is also a method on the index repository to get an iterator over all
indexed Feature Structures - see getAllIndexedFS.  This would pick up indexed
FS's that were not subtypes of Annotation.  This is also specific to one view.

HTH.  -Marshall