uima-user mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: Descriptor validation failed
Date Thu, 04 Jul 2013 16:07:09 GMT
Rather than modify the scripts, you may want to take advantage of the fact that
the scripts were set up to allow the use of environmental variables for
specifying classpaths (and other things).  The scripts call another shared
script, runUimaClass.sh, which has some code for adding various things to the
classpath, depending on what's being run.

You may specify things in both UIMA_CLASSPATH and/or just CLASSPATH. This latter
is something which is a Java convention, see:
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/tools/windows/classpath.html

There are other environment variables that may also be of interest when running
from the command line; please read the runUimaClass.sh to see what they are.
For example, there are variables for the JVM options (UIMA_JVM_OPTS), for
specifying the logging configuration file (UIMA_LOGGER_CONFIG_FILE), etc.  If
these are not specified, the script tries to give them a reasonable default.

-Marshall

> Hi,
>
> you may have to change the validateDescritor.sh script to add the folder containing your
compiled classes to the classpath.

> -- Richard
>
> Am 02.07.2013 um 10:45 schrieb Herson Esquivel Vargas <herson.ev@gmail.com>:
>
>> Hello.
>> I'm starting to use UIMA.
>> I downloaded it and I was able to run the examples from scratch (without eclipse).
>> Then I wanted to create my own AE but when I run the validateDescriptor.sh script
it fails:

>> $ validateDescriptor.sh CedulaAnnotator.xml
>> Parsing...
>> Validating...
>> Descriptor is invalid.
>> org.apache.uima.resource.ResourceInitializationException: Annotator class "info.gacetacr.java.annotator.CedulaAnnotator"
was not found. (Descriptor: file:/.../whole_path/.../src/info/gacetacr/xml/CedulaAnnotator.xml)