uima-user mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: Windows 7 x64 Installation
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2013 14:50:04 GMT

On 6/27/2013 11:50 PM, Michal Frystacky wrote:
> Hello,
> I am following the installation instructions posted
> here<http://uima.apache.org/doc-uima-examples.html>and I am at the
> step:
> "Running the UIMA Analysis example"
> When I try to run documentAnalyzer.bat, I see a command line window pop up
> and close and nothing else occurs.  So, I'm wondering if something weird is
> happening or if I am doing something wrong and someone could point out my
> mistake.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Path info via cmd
>
> C:\Windows\System32>echo %UIMA_HOME%
> C:\Research;C:\Research\apache-uima
I believe that %UIMA_HOME% should be the path to where you have installed UIMA,
and it doesn't support "multiple paths" joined with a semicolon.

> C:\Windows\System32>echo %JAVA_HOME%
> C:\Program Files\Java\jre7;C:\Program
> Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_17;C:\Windows\System32
> \java.exe
This also looks incorrect - %JAVA_HOME% should point to the path where you have
Java installed.  So, in your case it looks like it should be

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_17

(only), and not multiple things?

-Marshall