uima-user mailing list archives

From Mohammad Mourhaf AL Asswad <mma...@cornell.edu>
Subject UIMA and ontology
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2013 08:54:03 GMT
Hello everyone,

I am new to UIMA. I used Gate before but would like to try UIMA.

My work involves mapping text files to ontologies and RDF data. For instance, using an ontology
like Agrovoc which defines agricultural concepts, I like to find agricultural concepts in
text. I like to make use of both skos:prefLabels and skos:altLabels defined in Agrovoc (for
example, for cows, cow is the prefLabel and cattle is an altLabel). Can I do this in UIMA?
If yes, where shall I start? How do I load the ontology in UIMA and use it in my analysis?
Is there any source of information that explains what to do to accomplish this task?

Any thoughts are much appreciated.

Best regards,

Mourhaf,