uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <richard.eck...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Uima and Proguard obfuscation
Date Sun, 28 Jul 2013 10:37:30 GMT
Hi,

uimaFIT uses a lot of reflection to inject parameter values.
I can well imagine that you have to be quite careful here.
Probably better not touch annotations and annotated fields at all
and restrict obfuscation to logic, such as the process() method.

It may be even better to extract the core logic that you want to
obfuscate entirely from the UIMA components and leave the UIMA
wrappers for your logic unobfuscated.

That said, the obfuscator may have "optimized"
> private String outputDirectory

away, because the value is never changed in the code known
to the obfuscator. It cannot know that uimaFIT changes this
field using reflection.

-- Richard