uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <richard.eck...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting all Features for any Annotator
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2013 18:58:38 GMT
People tend to fall back to using Java Reflections on the JCas wrappers,
before using the lower-level UIMA interfaces (CAS and AnnotationFS/
FeatureStructure).

Every UIMA annotation implements the interface FeatureStructure. This
interface in conjunction with the type system information you can obtain
from the CAS, provides all you need to extract all information.

There is no need to resort to reflection.

You may want to have a look at the source code of the CasCopier class too.

-- Richard