uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <richard.eck...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using PEAR in a application based on Uima framework
Date Tue, 23 Apr 2013 05:11:34 GMT
> Erhmmm, has anybody do something like this before?
> I really am interested to know how you can do it.
>
> To clarify, I am very interested in how you can mix-match different PEARs,
> possibly from different open source projects, with different type systems,
> and run them in a pipeline as a coherent whole.
>
> How do you resolve the issue that all their type systems are of different
> Java types and be able to use each other's analysis results in the pipeline.

We generally stick to one type system and one collection of components and
include components from other collections only if the are configurable with
respect to type or of they are type agnostic. E.g. we combine the linguistic
pre-processing components from DKPro Core [1] with the machine learning
components from ClearTK [2].

There is also the uima-type-mapper [3] that tries to convert between systems. Maybe
you want to try that.

Cheers,

-- Richard

[1] http://code.google.com/p/dkpro-core-asl/