uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <richard.eck...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: UIMA subiterator
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2013 09:17:10 GMT
Hello Thomas,

I'm not sure why this is not working as you expect. If your Value annotation is fully
contained in the Sentence annotation, then it should even work without setting up
type prios.

>> Iterator<SentenceAnnotation> it = JCasUtil.iterator(myCAS, SentenceAnnotation.class);
>> Iterator<Value> it3 = JCasUtil.iterator(sa, Value.class, false, false);

It would be useful to set up a test case. As far as I remember, the UIMA/uimaFIT logic does
this:

- get the index for the SentenceAnnotation
- seek to the annotation "sa" in that index
- step through the index until the end of "sa" is reached
- return any Value instances found there

The subiteration stuff is one of the few things we don't have a good test coverage for.
Maybe you can report this as a bug in Jira and I'll try to have a look at it before the
2.0.0 release.

Cheers,

-- Richard