uima-user mailing list archives

From Peter Kl├╝gl <pklu...@uni-wuerzburg.de>
Subject Re: TextMarker rules and disjunctive match
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2013 12:38:58 GMT
Hi,

Am 05.04.2013 09:23, schrieb Laurent Audibert:
> Hi all and thanks for the good job on TextMarker.
> I would like to write a rule using a disjunction on the type match
> rather than annotation within a given type.
>
> For example, I would like to factorise two rules like :
> Token{REGEXP("human")} Lemma{FEATURE("lemma","body")};
> Lemma{FEATURE("lemma","human")} Lemma{FEATURE("lemma","body")};
>
> in just one rule like :
> ( Token{REGEXP("human")} OR Lemma{FEATURE("lemma","human") )
> Lemma{FEATURE("lemma","body")};
>
> I could't find the way to do that with TextMarker language. Is it
> impossible ?

No. Disjunctive matching does not support conditions right now. I
personally would have preferred the solution with the two rules. You
could probably write a rule, if one of the types (Token and Lemma) is
the parent type of the other one.

If you like this syntax to be supported, the you are welcome to open a
feature requeston jira. I will see if I can include it in the 2.0.1 release.

Best,

Peter