uima-user mailing list archives

From William Karl Thompson <...@northwestern.edu>
Subject Extending TextMarker with new actions
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2013 01:29:15 GMT
Hello,

(My apologies, I mistakenly sent this to the dev list initially)

I'm very interested in using the TextMarker project, but the current set of action types doesn't
quite do what I need. I found references to an extension mechanism, have also found the ITextMarkerActionExtension
interface in the source code. I also found the antlr grammar and lexer files where the TextMarker
language is defined, which appears to be where new action type names are to be added. So I
surmise the steps to add new actions is to

1.       Add the desired action signature to the antlr grammar

2.       Define an implementation of ITextMarkerActionExtension that implements the functionality.

Is there an easier way to do this? My concern is that I need to modify TextMarker source files
(the grammar and lexer files), which would be overwritten on any updated version of TextMarker.

Thanks!

Will Thompson