uima-user mailing list archives

From "Thomas Gruber" <thomas.gru...@econob.com>
Subject RE: UIMA subiterator
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2013 08:10:12 GMT
Hi Richard,

I have a created an JIRA-Task with the issue and with the example maven
project I used.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-2808

Best regards,
Thomas

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Eckart de Castilho [mailto:richard.eckart@gmail.com]
Sent: Montag, 08. April 2013 11:17
To: user@uima.apache.org
Subject: Re: UIMA subiterator

Hello Thomas,

I'm not sure why this is not working as you expect. If your Value annotation
is fully
contained in the Sentence annotation, then it should even work without
setting up
type prios.

>> Iterator<SentenceAnnotation> it = JCasUtil.iterator(myCAS,
SentenceAnnotation.class);
>> Iterator<Value> it3 = JCasUtil.iterator(sa, Value.class, false, false);

It would be useful to set up a test case. As far as I remember, the
UIMA/uimaFIT logic does this:

- get the index for the SentenceAnnotation
- seek to the annotation "sa" in that index
- step through the index until the end of "sa" is reached
- return any Value instances found there

The subiteration stuff is one of the few things we don't have a good test
coverage for.
Maybe you can report this as a bug in Jira and I'll try to have a look at it
before the
2.0.0 release.

Cheers,

-- Richard