uima-user mailing list archives

From Aiman <an2...@columbia.edu>
Subject UIMA Simple Server and PEAR packaging errors
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2013 02:12:25 GMT
Hello all -

I'm trying to use UIMA SimpleServer servlet to create a RESTful web service
for my pipeline. I'm following this guide:
http://uima.apache.org/downloads/sandbox/simpleServerUserGuide/simpleServerUser
Guide.html#sandbox.simpleServer

However, I am getting this exception:

org.apache.uima.resource.ResourceInitializationException:
The class SimpleTokenizer
is not a valid Analysis Component.
You must specify an Annotator, CAS
Consumer, Collection Reader, or CAS Multiplier. If you are calling
ResourceManager.setExtensionClassPath, this error can also be caused
if you have put UIMA framework jar files on the extension classpath,
which is not allowed.

In my case, SimpleTokenizer extends JCasAnnotator_ImplBase. I've tried to
package with and without  UIMA jar files in the PEAR file, and tried to
both include them and exclude them from the classpath (in install.xml).
I also made sure that the UIMA versions are consistent across the web
application and the  UIMA application. But I'm still unable to get the
web application up and running. I will appreciate any help.

Thanks!