uima-user mailing list archives

From Nick Kolivas <nickkoli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: UIMA Dictionary Annotator help
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2013 09:47:48 GMT

http://code.google.com/p/dkpro-core-asl/source/browse/de.tudarmstadt.ukp.dkpro.core-asl/trunk/de.tudarmstadt.ukp.dkpro.core.dictionaryannotator-asl/src/main/java/de/tudarmstadt/ukp/dkpro/core/dictionaryannotator/DictionaryAnnotator.java

> Cheers,

Goodmorning Richard.

Thank you for the link!
I was having some second thoughts yesterday about how to proceed with my
annotator and I would like to share them with you.

First of all what I need to do is match a recognised text with a table of a
database containing names. So for example if we have a recognition " My name is
Nick" I want my annotator to compare the recognised text with the database and
try to find a match. Now lets say that "Nick" exists in the database so we have
a match then the annotator will return a name annotation. This annotator will be
used as UIMA pipeline early stage.

My problem is on how to create it. Using a dictionary annotator, or by just
using a general annotatator with some regex that will just scan the database?

Is it possible for the dictionary annotator to scan a table of a database like
it was a dictionary?

Thank you both for your answers.

With regards,

Nick