uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <eck...@ukp.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: UIMA [new user]
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2013 10:37:23 GMT
Hi,

Am 04.03.2013 um 11:26 schrieb Mehdi Alaoui Belghiti <alaouibelghitimehdi@gmail.com>:

> I was looking for a platform that can make me processing files written in
> different formats (xml, owl, rdf,...) and extract relevant information. So
> i found UIMA.
> However, I found only examples for processing natural language.
> Is UIMA limited to this, or it can allow me for example extracting classes
> or attributes from an a Ecore file?

UIMA is the Unstructured Information Management Architecture. Its meant to be
used to analyze unstructured information, such as texts, and as a result of the analysis
superimpose structured information on top of it, such as linguistic or semantic categories.

If you need a library to access ecore files, you should probably look at the Eclipse EMF
framework. While UIMA can store analysis results in XMI files, UIMA is not a library to
access and process XMI files in general. Likewise for XML and RDF.

Cheers,

-- Richard

Richard Eckart de Castilho
Technical Lead
FB 20 Computer Science Department
Technische Universit├Ąt Darmstadt
Hochschulstr. 10, D-64289 Darmstadt, Germany
eckart@ukp.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
www.ukp.tu-darmstadt.de