uima-user mailing list archives

From Spico Florin <spicoflo...@gmail.com>
Subject Discard already sent asynchronously CASes to UIMA AS pipeline
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2013 14:42:36 GMT
Hello!
  I have a consumer UIMA AS pipeline, and a CAS producer that is using
UimaAsynchronousEngine  to send asynchronously CASes to UIMA. The code for
producing (producer pipeline) the CASes is:
UimaAsynchronousEngine uimaEEEngine;

        cas = uimaEEEngine.getCAS();
       if (cas != null) {

        jcas = cas.getJCas();
        jcas.setDocumentText(msg.get(MSG_ARTICLE_TEXT));

        uimaEEEngine.sendCAS(jcas.getCas());
      }

Code for stopping the producer:
      if (uimaEEEngine != null) {
        uimaEEEngine.stopProducingCases();
        uimaEEEngine.stop();
      }

Question:
 1.When the user stops the producer, is there any possibility for UIMA AS
pipeline to discard the sent messages from the producer?
 2. If yes, what code (API) should I use?

I look forward for your answers.

Regards,
  Florin