uima-user mailing list archives

From Diman Karagiozov <di...@tetracom.com>
Subject Re: UIMA [new user]
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2013 10:30:33 GMT
Hi there,

UIMA does not do out-of-the-box text extraction from various document
formats.
For this task you can use TIKA ( http://tika.apache.org/).

In our project (ATLAS - http://www.atlasproject.eu/) we've developed a
text extraction framework prior UIMA wrapped NLP tools for different
languages. Do not hesitate to contact me if you need more information on
this.

greetings
Diman