uima-user mailing list archives

From Trevor Owens <trevor.ow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Resource Initialization Exception when installing PEAR file
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2012 22:30:04 GMT
Trevor Owens <trevor.owens@...> writes:

> Marshall Schor <msa@...> writes:
>

> > Hi Trevor,
> >
> > The error message says that one class, belonging to
> the ConceptMapper annotator,
> > can't be found in the classpath.
> >
> > The stack trace indicates that other classes in the
> ConceptMapper can be found.
> > Looking at where in ConceptMapper this failure
> happened, it happened when
> > ConceptMapper, itself, is attempting to instantiate
> another UIMA pipeline, where
> > it would then run the tokenizer over supplied
> dictionary.
> >
> > The Concept Mapper finds the tokenizer to run via its
> configuration parameter
> > "TokenizerDescriptorPath".  This error happens when
> the descriptor pointed to by
> > that parameter is attempting to be instantiated by
> UIMA.
> >
> > What do you have that parameter set to in your case?
> Is it pointing to a "PEAR"
> > descriptor?  If so, I would check that descriptor -
> it's likely not properly
> > configured to specify that pear's class path to
> include the class not being found.
> >
> > -Marshall

Hi,
I've since been able to solve this problem. I used
a previous suggestion of Marshall's
(here: Re: ConceptMapper: tokenizer doesn't get PEAR classpath
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.uima.general/3991
to export the
OffsetTokenizer pear file, install it and then set
the TokenizerDescriptorPath to the PearFileDescriptor.

Apparently there was a CLASSPATH inheritance issue.

Here is my answer on StackOverflow:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8137871/
generating-pear-file-when-using-conceptmapper-
annotator/13241353#13241353
which also links to the other apache.uima.general
thread discussing exporting the ConceptMapper to a
PEAR file.

Thanks,
Trevor