uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <eck...@ukp.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject AW: unique order for annotions
Date Fri, 23 Nov 2012 14:37:01 GMT
Hi Ingo,

I think you could use getAddress() - the lower the address, the earlier it was added. Mind
though that getAddress() is afaik rather an internal UIMA method than to be used by regular
users.

-- Richard

Von: Ingo Thon [isthon@gmx.de]
Gesendet: Freitag, 23. November 2012 14:32
An: user@uima.apache.org
Betreff: unique order for annotions

Hi List,

I have a small problem. I'm picking annotations based on a scoring strategy.
Sometimes the scores of two annotations are identical, however, the correctness is not.
If both annotations are at the same location,  the order in which the annotations are retrieved
from the JCas is purely random
and therefore the accuracy values is sometimes "floundering".

I was wondering whether it is possible to determine the order in which the annotations have
been made?
i was considering to use the object with the lower
 ((TOP)annotation).hashCode();
as this should be the addr in the JCas.
Still I'm wondering whether there is a better way.

Ingo

Richard Eckart de Castilho
Technical Lead
Ubiquitous Knowledge Processing Lab
FB 20 Computer Science Department
Technische Universit├Ąt Darmstadt
Hochschulstr. 10, D-64289 Darmstadt, Germany
eckart@ukp.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
www.ukp.tu-darmstadt.de