uima-user mailing list archives

From Ingo Thon <ist...@gmx.de>
Subject unique order for annotions
Date Fri, 23 Nov 2012 13:32:20 GMT
Hi List,

I have a small problem. I'm picking annotations based on a scoring strategy.
Sometimes the scores of two annotations are identical, however, the correctness is not.
If both annotations are at the same location,  the order in which the annotations are retrieved
from the JCas is purely random
and therefore the accuracy values is sometimes "floundering".

I was wondering whether it is possible to determine the order in which the annotations have
been made?
i was considering to use the object with the lower
 ((TOP)annotation).hashCode();
as this should be the addr in the JCas.
Still I'm wondering whether there is a better way.

Ingo